Info

Help

Images

Video

Tags

Search 

Main page :: Forum :: Ultrasound cases - Sonograms, cine-loops etc. ::

Sports interest

Tags: Cardiac sonography(Echocardiography), Esaote MyLab 70, Images, Video, Clinical report, Pediatric

Sports interest

Teenager 15 years old without complaints, is engaged in the extreme type of modern sport, the name of sport I can' t remember, but by his words it was a kind of gymnastics (parallel bars, rings etc.). As I understand came to the cardiologist for a routine visit.

In the extract from one Institute of Pediatrics recommended control of echocardiography (LVDD, EF). In the previous echocardiography results about six months ago: LVDD is noticed as range of 55-58mm, also noticed the normal upper limit for its BSA up to 52 mm, left ventricular volumes I could not find, the other measurements within the normal range.

At the current US hemodynamics is normal, attention is drawn to a slightly rounded shape of the left ventricle long axis, ie not the typical form of a bullet, but the size in a prone position on the couch in the normal range (49-51mm maximum values, as usual, in the M-mode due to unavoidable curvature):

Teichholz: LVDD 51mm, LVSD 30mm , PWT 8mm, IVST 7mm, EF 72%;

Simpson: EF 65%, EDV 77 ml, ESV 27 ml, SV 50 ml.

Heart rate 91 bpm.

Mentioned in the previous echo LVD range is reached only in the standing position (ortho-test), when he return to the supine position for a minute left ventricular dimensions back to normal range specified for BSA in one of the tables published in the scientific literature (ie. up to 52 mm).

PS. On the issue of stress testing and comparing the size of the left ventricle at the load with the rest standards - ie in the position of a patient lying on a couch.

:: attachments(6) ::

:: file 1 ::

:: file 2 ::

:: file 3 ::

:: file 4 ::

:: file 5 ::

:: file 6 ::